Ross (The Comedian): Ross has just finished up his secondary school teaching degree from Vancouver Island University in Nanaimo. He will be teaching at a B.C. Offshore School close to Shanghai, China next year. Ross is the comedian of the boys and will be looked upon to keep spirits up over the 8,000 plus kilometers of our route.
Interview with Ross
1. What is your nickname? Brother Rusty
2. What is your favorite T.V. show? "Entourage" (Those guys live the dream)
3. What is your favorite book? “The Power of a Dream”.. Very inspirational book. I think I might make the boys read it before we leave.
4. What is your favorite movie? Any Romantic-Comedy! I am a sucker for them haha
5. What is your favorites quote? “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take” .. Remember that
6. What is your favorite place in the world? Boracay Island, Philippines.
7. What is your dream vacation? I’ve always wanted to backpack Southeast Asia (original I know)
8. Who is your favorite brother? Sean Neville! He is the ‘YES MAN’ of the family…He will do anything with you or for you, anywhere, anytime. No questions asked.
9. Which brother are you most alike? Scotty. I am him but five years younger. No explanation necessary.
10. Who will be the slowest brother on the ride? Ryan. Five years of Varsity basketball has taken a toll on his body. His knees just aren’t the same.
11. Who will be the most annoying brother on the ride? Scotty, he tries to be the wise, older brother and have these serious, heart-to-heart conversations all the time and it drives me nuts.
12. What brother will get the most frustrated on the trip? I will take this one for sure. When I am happy I am the greatest person to be around, but the complete opposite when I am frustrated…You have to take the highs with the lows. Deal with it boys!
13. What family member will be the wackiest on the trip? Ryan and Sean always seem to bounce energy off of each other and make any situation hilarious.
14. What is your best memory of Baha? The anticipation of Baha and Grandma coming to visit and waiting at the end of our road for hours until they showed up. Finally, when they did arrive, we would chase their vehicle all the way to our house, where we would be greeted with presents, candy and other such things. Unbelievable Grandparents.
15. What is the thing you admire most about Baha? He was a fighter… No matter what he never gave up battling Parkinson’s ... Also, he never lost his competitive spirit! I remember watching my mom, dad, aunties and Grandma playing “clue” and he had no problem winning and gloating about it.
16. What are you most excited for during the ride? Meeting French women in Quebec!
17. What are you least looking forward to during the ride? Having nothing left in the tank and realizing we have just got outside of Vancouver.
18. What are your goals and aspirations for this ride/fundraiser? Obviously to raise as much money as possible, but spreading awareness of this devastating disease is a huge goal of mine as well.