Ryan (The Golden Child): Ryan just finished his fifth year at the University of Victoria where he was the captain of the varsity basketball team, a Canada West all star and All Canadian award winner. Ryan is also a Physical Education major and plans to play professional basketball when he finishes up his degree this summer.
Interview with Ryan Mackinnon
1. What is your nickname? RMac/Greyhound
2. What is your favorite T.V. show? Modern Family
3. What is your favorite book? Outliers
4. What is your favorite movie? Forrest Gump
5. What is your favorite quote? “If you’re not living on the edge, you are just taking up space”
6. What is your favorite place in the world? The Moncrieff’s Cabin on Comox Lake.
7. What is your dream vacation? Always have wanted to go to Peru since I was really young. Check out Machu Picchu!
8. Who is your favorite brother? Ross- he makes me look good!
9. Which brother are you most alike? Sean- we both like having a good time and enjoy making a fool of ourselves occasionally.
10. Who will be the slowest brother on the ride? Me- Odds are I will be carrying about 80% of the equipment.
11. Who will be the most annoying brother on the ride? Ross- Can’t wait to see the emotional roller-coaster at work.
12. What brother will get the most frustrated on the trip? Scotty-he is in his thirties now and won't be able to deal with our antics.
13. What family member will be the wackiest on the trip? Hugh MacKinnon(Dad)- I can’t imagine what he will be doing if he meets us for half of the trip!
14. What is your best memory of Baha? He came to my night league basketball game when I was in Grade 5 or 6. The area to view the game was up stairs above the gymnasium and Baha had to sit along the baseline right underneath one of the hoops. I remember him in his wheelchair, basically on the court, cheering me on and giving me hints along the baseline. Pretty cool experience for me to have him there.
15. What is the thing you admire most about Baha? How positive he was. Most of my memories are in Baha's later stages of his life, when I was much younger. I always remember Baha smiling, laughing and just truly enjoying the moment. I loved being around him.
16. What are you most excited for during the ride? Trying to dodge the bugs in the prairies! Jokes with the bros and going for a swim in the Atlantic Ocean!
17. What are you least looking forward to during the ride? The Bike Seat and tending to Ross.
18. What are your goals and aspirations for this ride/fundraiser? Just raise the overall awareness of Parkinson's Disease and reach our fundraising goal! Believe to achieve!