Scott (The Veteran): After finishing his teaching degree in Secondary school Physical Education and History at Queens University in Kingston, Ontario. Scott is back teaching at Brent International School in Manila, Philippines. Scott played 5 years of basketball at the University of Lethbridge in Alberta and co-founded the MacBros Basketball Camps with his loving mother and not so little brother Ryan.
Interview with Scott Mackinnon
1. What is your nickname? Scotty Mac or Scoots
2. What is your favorite T.V. show? Anthony Bourdain: No reservations
3. What is your favorite book? Shantaram, it just depicts India and its wonders and frustrations so perfectly.
4. What is your favorite movie? Has to be the Shawshank Redemption, I cry every time I watch it.
5. What is your favorite quote? " Kids only care how much we know until they know how much we care." Mark Eikelboom
6. What is your favorite place in the world? Waterton Lakes National Park, Boracay Island, Philippines and Evergreen Farms, Kingston,Ontario.
7. What is your dream vacation? Backpacking South America learning Spanish.
8. Who is your favorite brother? Gotta be Sean! He never steals my clothes, never borrows money from me and is the only one of us who can cook!
9. Which brother are you most alike? Sadly Ross!
10. Who will be the slowest brother on the ride? Probably me. My legs are getting old and have been through a lot. I am relying on drafting behind Ryan to finish this trip.
11. Who will be the most annoying brother on the ride? Ross and his endless roller coaster of emotions! Ha Ha
12. What brother will get the most frustrated on the trip? Not our brother but our mom, Kathy Mac! Imagine growing up with 5 boys in your household. The woman is a saint! At some point during the trip she will receive a call for HELP!
13. What family member will be the wackiest on the trip? Hughie Mac (Our Dad) if he drives ahead of us in his 1967 VW van. I have never met a man who is willing to talk to anyone at anytime. This always gets him into crazy adventures.
14. What is your best memory of Baha? Playing sports with him. Regardless of the amount of times he lost his balance or fell down, he always picked himself up with a gigantic smile and more dignity and grace than any human being alive. His ability to laugh at himself was amazing!
15. What is the thing you admire most about Baha? His perseverance and stubborn nature! He never gave up on life. I remember he fought to not go into a wheelchair until he physically could not walk anymore. I remember when his stuttered speech would not let him finish a word he would sit there for 10 minutes until you understood the word he was trying to say.He was never going to give up and I loved that about him.
16. What are you most excited for during the ride? The Icefield Parkway, Cabot Trail and dipping Baha's tire in the Atlantic. Obviously spending time with my brothers and dad!
17. What are you least looking forward to during the ride? How much my butt is gonna hurt!
18. What are your goals and aspirations for this ride/fundraiser? I would love to be able to raise one dollar for every single Kilometre that we ride and that Baha would have ridden. I want to be able to look at myself at the end of the day and hope my grandfather would be proud of me!